26.6.14

The Story of Ikerus

The Story of Ikerus is a short film I made 2 months ago.

I made it specifically for the Firehouse Film Contest but then as that got delayed I thought I'd see if I could get it into the Galway Film Fleadh.

I just found out it did not get into the Fleadh and as I'm sick of sitting on it and not showing it to people, so here it is!

 

I'm a little dismayed that it didn't get into the Fleadh if I'm honest.

Anyone who's sat through any kind of shorts screening knows it's a grueling affair. Even if you're watching exclusively high end, excellent and compelling films your mind tends to slip as the screening goes on. I really felt Ikerus would be a welcome addition to the screening at Galway as it's a film that doesn't expect anything of the audience. It's 3 minutes where you're allowed to realise how surreal and ridiculous animated films are.

Rather than just go elsewhere and try and get into other festivals and chase down screenings and submit and submit and submit, I thought it's better to just revert back my original intentions. Screen at the Firehouse then put it online. So here we are!

While it's a shame it's not going to be on the big screen at least I get to show it to everyone now. I own it. Ha! Suck it!



Also, I thought it'd be funny to show you the entire script and character pre-production designs for The Story of Ikerus:

No comments:

Post a Comment